1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which chipset to get for ryzen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by miller101, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miller101

miller101 Thread Starter

I'm pretty much a newbie in the PC world and want to build a pc on the Ryzen platform. I am confused on x370 and x470 chipsets, which one is significant.? I researched and got this post , which says both are good its just a matter of price and availability. Im thinking to go with x470 but can someone give me another reason to change my mind? Thanks!

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The 370 is the older chipset released a little over 2yrs ago. The 470 is newer ie the follow on chipset and has native support for the newer second gen ryzen. The 370 does support the newer 2xxx series processors however you need a bios update for this support.
    All things being equal, I would go with the newer chipset. Be sure and go with a quality motherboard ie asus, gigabyte or asrock.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice