1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which Choice Would You Make?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Deke40, Feb 13, 2003.

?

Would you want to know your death date?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I have always wondered if I would want to know the day of my death if I had the option on a one time choice. I saw a movie about a book with everybodies death date in it. So the choice would be offered on you 18th bitrhday and never again.

PS- I should have also added why you made your choice.

The name of the movie was "Book Of Days".

2. LightningBolt

LightningBolt

Interesting question! At this time in my life, I'd definately have to say yes, that I'd like to know that date. Say, if I had just one week to live, I'd get up right now & leave work & wouldn't look back. I'd let everyone that I cared about, let them know that I did care, & try to contact ones that had had an impact on my life. There's tons of things I'd love to be able to do before I go & in a week there just wouldn't be enough time, so the important people would come first. Then, I'd jump in my car & drive to parts unknown... just seeing different country & meeting different people. There were times in my life before, that I'd said no, that I wouldn't want to know, but right now... & even probably from this point on, yes I'd say I'd like to know.

3. valley

valley

I voted yes for the same reasons LB did. And I'd like to be able to say goodbye to the people I love most.

One of my recurring thoughts is that "today", I might be separated from my family and that I will regret not telling them how I felt about them. No one ever gets out the door here without a hug, a smile and an "I love you" and "I'll be thinking about you" I always figure that should anything happen...thats the last thing I will have said to them.

Right now....to prepare for my future passing (hopefully when I am old and gray) I keep diaries for both of my kids and my husband. I write love letters to them about once a month so when I am gone, they will be able to have something to remember how much I loved them. :)

4. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

I voted no.

I like the mystery of life.

I live each day as if it's my last. I took the Boy Scout "be prepared" slogan to heart many years ago.

Like the way you live your life Val.

5. littlemar

littlemar

After getting over the initial shock of knowing when I'd die I'd want to get everything in order for my family. Make sure everything that needs to be done will be somehow. I'd gather my family and friends for a big party since I'd want them to remember me with a smile of the good times.

I'd also like to see all those areas of the world I keep saying I want to see "someday". Go to Italy and visit the areas my mom lived in and meet her family and friends. And just like LB I'd walk out of work - never looking back. I'd continue my journals for my children to learn more about me. I would always keep my faith and know that all things have a purpose and a reason.

6. p51

p51

I voted NO. Though all of the reasons for wanting to know make sense, I would rather it be a mystery, like Eggplant. If you knew the date, you could let everyone know how much they mean to you, true, but you should be letting them know that anyway. I just think knowing would add a lot of un needed stress, and you wouldn't be enjoying life as much as you could or should, because the date would always be in your mind, and you would be stressed out about getting so many things done and talking to so many people. I like the live every day like it's your last, within reason, and say good by and I love you's all the time in case they are your last method of living.

Good thread.

7. $teve

$teve

not a chance...............i wouldnt like to know............besides,i have 3 sons.........im gonna live forever;)

8. GreenIs

GreenIs

I voted Yes, because I would want to make sure everything was in order for my son.

9. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Nah.
    That information would alter my life too much.

10. jimi

jimi

i voted no, but have an interesting twist, i think, on this topic, what if you've already died, yes i have been declared clinically dead before, does/would that count??? (don't ask) this is my second chance as i see it, not that i'm doing a very good job at making the best of this opportunity, at times, but at others i'm making the very best, gee this sounds like i'm normal, this is most discouraging. no, everything is not in order in my life and most likely never will be but i can try, AK might say i can be trying:), but those i love do know that i love them with all that i have, i've thus far lived my life to it's fullest, and then some:(, i don't want to go today, tomorrow or any time in the near future, but do i have any regrets - yes and no - i do believe that is probably a universal feeling. i must say this was not a complete answer of what is in my heart but i have not the words, once again

11. Stos

Stos

I'm not exactly sure, thats a really hard question... but he's the REAL issue at hand... if you could find out the day that you were to die, would it change because you've seen it? Such as the day you were supposed to die, you stayed at home instead of driving somewhere so you didn't die that day... or if you stayed home that day and died because the celing collapsed, where as if you didn't know you were going to die, you would've been in your car and would've been alive.... Almost a paradox of sorts...

12. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

I'm on the fence with this one ... LOL but I'll get back to ya! :)

13. $teve

$teve

next time jimi...........you should come back as a cat:D

14. combsdon

combsdon

.....just keep tellin' them as if today was the last....:)

15. valley

valley

I will. Thanks, Don :)

and thanks to you too, Bruce :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice