Which class to use in VB 2008 Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheOAP

Have Win XP Home + SP3. Toshiba laptop. 2Gb RAM.
Was experienced software eng.
Am trying to use VB 2008 Express.
Basic programming OK but how do I find the Class to use for a particular problem? Have several books re VB 2008 but they only explain a class for that particular problem. Is there a list anywhwere - I know there are several 1000 classes!
Thanks in anticipation
Pete

DoubleHelix

Banned
A class is structure. There can be an infinite number of classes because you can create as many as you want. If you're looking for a comprehensive list of every single built-in class for Visual Basic .NET, I doubt any such list exists.

TheOAP

Not sure if I asked the right qestion! Try again.. Assume I have a non-trivial software problem (VB 2008), How do I find a Sub/Function in .NET 3.5 to solve it? If I'm asking the wrong question and you know what I really mean, please tell me, and if there is an answer let me know! As it is I'm stuck..

DoubleHelix

Banned
You search for it. Start getting involved with the MSDN forums. If there isn't anything built into the framework to do what you want, you write it. That's programming.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online