1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which color laser printer is good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PuterPerson, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuterPerson

PuterPerson Thread Starter

I work at home and print a whole lot, I mean a lot. I am in the process of printing a few thousand flyers. Though most of the things I print are black and white, there are times when I need to print some color stuff.

My old HP deskjet is slowly but surely giving out on me.

For the last month I have been researching on different sites: Zdnet, consumerreports, any store site that sells printers, even Amazon, I have been reading reviews over reviews....I finally got the HP color laserjet 2600n last night, just to take it back today. I liked a lot about it, but it had streaks all over, plus it jammed right away. I was so disappointed since it has such nice reviews for most of it.

Doing as much research as I did, I got myself all confused....so please those of you who have been using color lasers, tell me which are good and which are not... I may even consider a multi-function one if it's not too pricy (that was one thing on the HP...it comes with full toner, but after 2000 pages you have to replace it....um $300 for that?? That's what the printer costs....

Has anyone heard of Ricoh?? I found it at Costco. And how are Oki's?

I would like one that has a tray that holds a good amt. of paper and that also can get seperate pages fed into. That was one thing I thouhgt was cool on the HP.

Thanks for your help.... I really need to get one...like yesterday....

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sounds like you are already aware that the purchase price is only a deposit. The real cost is in the consumables...

The HP had to be faulty, they are better than that.

3. PuterPerson

PuterPerson Thread Starter

I went to Fry's, but nobody ever knows anything. I just can't get a clear answer about this. There has to be somebody who can tell me which color laser is the best and why...or which source is the one to def. trust as in ratings. I am really really desperate. I would go and get HP again, but the toner cost is rediculous compared to all other brands....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice