Which Computer? Gateway GT5028 or GT5012? Need to make a decision before tomorrow...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Capnbob

Howdy,

The day before yesterday I bought the Gateway GT5028. I also upgraded the graphics card to a Radeon X800 XL.

I've realized that I could return my current computer in exchange for a Gateway GT5012 with a really sweet upgraded soundcard that has digital fiber optic outputs as well as RCA outputs. I really don't need that, but what the heck.

I talked to the manager of the place I'm buying my computer and I'm told I could get the Gateway GT5012 with the better soundcard for about $100 more than what I've already paid.

Here's the GT5028: http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/5876/5876sp3.shtml

Here's the GT5012: http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/GTModels/5394/5394sp3.shtml

I'm confused about the processors because on the sticker on the front of the GT5012 says that it has a Dual-core 2.8 GHZ processor but Gateway's site says it's a "Intel® Pentium® 4 processor Operates at 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB 2 × 1 MB L2 cache"

So which computer would be better? I play lots of games and will be doing video editing.

Any tips are much appreciated!

-Capnbob

I would go with the:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 3800+

I wouldn't worry about an upgraded soundcard, save your $100 & since you plan on doing some video editing & games, more ram would be a better choice for that $100.

Looking at just the specs for the AMD, I thought that was definately the better choice but when I look at the specs for the Intel comp, I see what a pickle you're in.

I would say stick with the AMD :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online