1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which computer is better? Is GPU more important than CPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AmarD90, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmarD90

AmarD90 Thread Starter

I found these two computers that are similarly prices. I am no expert and I need some help in deciding which one is better. One has a better CPU and the other has a better GPU.
    HP OMEN 15-ce002

Processor: i7-7700HQ 2,5Ghz / 3,1Ghz 4MB Cache
    Harddrive: 1TB 7200rpm 256GB PCIe® NVMe M.2 SSD
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
    Grafik card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Screen: 15.6" IPS 1920x1080 FHD 120hz

ASUS ROG GL502VS laptop specs

Gtx 1070 8gb.
    16gb ddr4 ram 2666 mhz
    Core i7 6700hq running at 3,2ghz (3,5 with turbo boost)
    500GB SSD M.2 PCIE
    1Tb HDD at 7200rpm
    15-inch IPS G SYNC panel

Which is better in your opinion?

2. Florone

Florone

Well it's not that simple only looking at gpu and cpu the ASUS ROG clearly wins. The performance difference between a 1060 and a 1070 is way bigger that the difference of the prozessors.
    But the OMEN got a better screen with a higher refreshrate.
    When you have concerns about being unable to play certain games, don't worry. Even the latest games will run on high settings on both machienes.
    Edit: What games do you want to play? Something competetive like CS:GO, Rocket League, LOL Rainbow Six Siege or Fortnite
    or something like The Witcher and Tomb Raider?
    Only for the first games you might consider the OMEN because the screen can give you the advantage in high level competetive. Atleast when you push the setting so that you can take advantage of 120 HZ.
    When you just play casually, but want your games to look as awesome as possible buy the ASUS ROG. If you decide to go competetive you can buy a 144HZ screen later on

TLDR: When in doubt, go for the ASUS ROG

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The ASUS ROG

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice