1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which computer uses HDMI for video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by gigster33, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigster33

gigster33 Thread Starter

I am looking for a computer that uses HDMI for video out, so that - among other things - I can use a (Samsung) TV as a monitor. I don't want to use DVI because then i would need to use speakers separate from the TV. Recommendations?

I am planning to gradually integrate video-out from several devices (BluRay, DirecTV audio/video, Blockbuster set top box) on one A/V monitor, and feel that HDMI is part of the solution. Am I thinking right?

If i use Windows Vista Media Center, and if i can accomplish this A/V integration via HDMI, how would I assign an A/V feed to different windows so that i can toggle among them?

2. dadkins_1

dadkins_1

Many newer computers have HDMI.
    Most machines with a Blu-ray drive will have HDMI - I have two Sony VAIO laptops with HDMI.

Several video cards also have HDMI now and can be used on existing machines for Blu-ray if they meet the minimum requirements.

3. gigster33

gigster33 Thread Starter

i'm primarily interested in a desktop configuration. I went to Sony and looked at their high end model - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665406582. It does not appear to have an HDMI port. I can't tell how the monitor connects, but I suspect it's not HDMI becasue they advertise separate Intel HiDef Audio connectors. I did look at the Sony laptops and found this version with HDMI - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...Id=8198552921644588896&parentCategoryId=16154. Would this enable me to connect a second monitor using an HDMI connector?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!