1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which CPU cooler to use??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KTBFFH, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTBFFH

KTBFFH Thread Starter

Which cpu cooler would you recommend, parameters are quality, reliability and quiet.
    I have an Asus P5W DH Del with an E6400 Core 2 Duo. It has the stock Intel cooler.
    I am not o/c at the moment (if I did it would be minimal).
    The cpu runs cool.
    However, this stock cooler is more noisy than I would like so I am considering this upgrade.
    Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you just want it to be quieter, I would enable the smart fan feature; check your mb manual for how to enable / disable this feature.

FWIW I use an asus VR cooler on a Pentium D 940 and it works very well. Quite as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice