1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which digital camera?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by User3000, Dec 5, 2001.

?

Which digital camera?

1. Kodak DC4800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kodak DX3600

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fuji FinePix 2600

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fuji FinePix 2400

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hp Photosmart 618

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other, please post the camera

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. User3000

User3000 Thread Starter

Which is better Kodak DX3600, Kodak DC4800, Fuji FinePix 2600 or Fuji FinePix 2400?

2. RT

RT

I see you haven't had much of a response yet, (though you should have!)
    so I'll throw in my two $cents$ worth:

I got a Polaroid PDC640SE as a "Safety Award" at work, and though I'm glad to have a digicam, I can't say that this cam does much but take bare minimum "snapshot" quality pics, and that's if all the lighting is right... wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a decent cam, though it does get your pics onto the computer.

Uh, more to the point,
    Olympus makes several very fine digital cameras, though not listed in your poll.
    Olympus comes highly recommended by several friends that own them (and I have seen the results from..good pics!), and some websites I've glanced at.
    The high end Kodaks are on there, too.

:)

I hope I have not inadvertently given a mark for this cam in your poll, for I do NOT consider it a decent one!
    Merely adequate.

3. slipe

slipe

The Kodak 4800 has a 28mm (35mm film camera equivalent) minimum focal length lens. I just switched my small zoom 35mm film point and shoot from one with 38mm as its widest to one with 28mm. The difference in what you can get in a scene is dramatic – almost 50% more. Might be a consideration if you plan to do much vacation photography. The 4800 got good reviews but does not offer the kind of control you would have with a top 35mm SLR. Most of the digitals in the price range you are considering have 35-38mm as their widest focal length.

When the 5 MPS cameras get into my price range I will consider switching from 35mm film and a film scanner to digital. It will have at least 28mm equivalent wide angle – 24mm would be better. I use the 24mm on my SLR often when I’m willing to carry it around.

The first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun and the first rule of getting a good photo is to have a camera with you. I take more photos with my little point and shoot than my good gear because it is easy to carry so I always have it with me. Get your hands on whatever you consider buying to be sure it is not too bulky. Canon makes a 3mps Elf zoom that is truly tiny, but unfortunately it isn’t very good.

4. pfoerste

pfoerste

Olympus 510zoom, small, light and takes very good pictures.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice