Which disk imaging program?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daniel Davis

Here's what I'd like to do in order of preference:

1. Clone my hard drive to cd-r so that if it goes down, I can be back up in no time.

2. Clone my hard drive from 15gig to 15gig, so I can hold the 2nd copy in reserve in case my main hard drive crashes.

I have a pc system 500+mhz 512megs ram. It has a 15gig hard drive on a mobile rack.

For a (fairly up to speed) guy like me...what program would you recommend? Ghost? What version? Drive Copy? Version? Other? Version? I'm not interested in IT stuff...or making many copies of a set up...just a copy for a rainy day.

Thanks!

I love ghost and have never tried the others and all the versions are pretty much the same. I use it on a regular basis and have set up a CD with an image of my C drive and a bootable version of ghost on a floppy with CD-ROM support. If I were more ambitious I could automate it with command line stuff on the floppy, but I think it's easy enough to go into the program directly. I am not sure what the others have for command line support or what devices like tape drives and CD-R's they support. Ghost for me!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online