1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which graphics card for a 3+ monitor set up?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dbell66, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbell66

dbell66 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am currently looking to buy a new pc, for office use and the three main criteria are-
    1. The pc can handle 3 or 4 monitors connected to it
    2. It can comfortably operate several programs open at the same time using typical office applications(email, word, excel, pdf, browser etc)
    I want to have the programs open on several screens at the same time for convenience and time saving.
    3. The total cost is reasonable

I have been talking to Dell about taking one of their Precision systems, a T5500 with a xeon chip (2.13Ghz), 4GB Ram, Vista Business x64 and to be connected to 3 of their 23" S2309W Full HD monitors.

The salesman initially quoted for using the 512MB Nvidia Quadro FX580 card. I later asked (and i'm not sure why i did this) if he could confirm that this card is suitable. He later wrote back that, this card was probably not suitable after all and that i should go with the more expensive (+€400) 512MB Nvidea Quadro NVS420 card.

So my question is, is the FX580 adequate or not?

If anyone can offer advice i'd be most gratefull, thank you.

2. BG-0

BG-0

... Honestly. **** Dell.

For running 4 monitors, you need:
    a ~120€ motherboard (high quality costs a little extra)
    a ~70-150-200 € CPU
    a pair of ~30 € graphics cards.

Where do you live?

3. dbell66

dbell66 Thread Starter

Austria and as you can probably gather, i'm a novice on these matters!

4. BG-0

BG-0

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice