1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which Graphics Card is better??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex090391, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex090391

Alex090391 Thread Starter

Okay, I need to know quickly which Graphics Card is the better of the two. A NVIDIA XFX GF 6600-GT 128MB DDR3 or ATI Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB DDR2, which would be better? I am going to be playing games with it. I have heard the 128MB DDR3 would be better because DDR3 has fast transfer rates or something?? I am kind of new to graphics cards, and need some help.

Thanks in advance.

2. olryst

olryst

What sort of games you planning on playing with those cards, space invaders?

How much are these cards costing you?

I suppose the ddr3 one would be the better choice.

3. Alex090391

Haha no, I plan on playing a littler better games than space invaders. I am thinking fairly recent games, such as games that came out within the past years. They are both under 20 dollars. A friend is offering them to me.

4. prunejuice

prunejuice

Those are not "gaming" graphics cards. Not even close.

5. Alex090391

Well I am not looking to play games that require 1GB DDR3 and overclocking. I don't care if the games settings are maxed and everything, as long as it can run the game smoothly on 3 quarter settings.

6. prunejuice

prunejuice

You seem very determined to buy either one of these cards and then have us reassure you that they'll produce "decent" results.

Good luck with your purchase.

7. Alex090391

Well they are all he has, and I do not have enough money right now to go out and buy a nice card, so I am just looking for one to hold me over for a few months, I only have a ati radeon 9700 right now, its only 128 MB ddr, and it can run the games i want good, i just want a little step up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice