which graphics card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DJ-TM

ive never really been bothered about playing games on my pc so ive just done with my onboard graphics.

so im looking to upgrade my graphics card to something that will run Halo and other fps without breaking the bank and that will work with my existing board.

Specs:

Althlon 2000xp
256mb SDRAM

AGP spec (from sis sandra)

version 2.0
data transfer modes support 1x,2x,4x
aperture size 64mb

so can anyone reccomend a me good graphics card?

not im not bothered about running power hungry stuff like halflife 2 when it comes out.

I play all those games on an ATI Radeon 9000. I don't have problems at all except occasional slowdowns and those are rare. That card still sells for about $100. You can get the pro version for more video RAM for $30 or so more.

I play all those games on an ATI Radeon 9000. I don't have problems at all except occasional slowdowns and those are rare. That card still sells for about $100. You can get the pro version for more video RAM for $30 or so more.

Go to www.newegg.com

MSI GeForceTi4200 - $75 (64mb)

ATI 9600Pro About $170 (128mb)

Two best Price-Performance cards on the market.

HALO is based on a 2year old game engine, so the cheaper card will work fine - even for UT2004 and Unreal2.

But you should add another 256mb of RAM to your system.

For newer games coming out, the ATI9600 hands down.

DJ-TM

thanks for the replys guys.

ill defonatly be looking those cards suggested, can anyone confirm that they will work with my current mobo its a pc chips 810 i think.

Don't know... as long as you have an AGP slot, they'll work...

When you want to upgrade your mobo, please don't buy another PC CHIPS... get ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, DFL...

I bought a Geforce FX5600 Ultra for this new machine we built. I am reading that it is not a good card now however(someone correct me if I am wrong). *too late.
I have Ge4 Ti4400 in my other system and it does well I think.
Axoneo

Tiger direct has a pretty good price on this one:
XFX GeForce4 MX440 128MB DDR AGP8X with TV-Out & DVI Video Card - $59.99 +shipping

Originally posted by Axoneo:
I bought a Geforce FX5600 Ultra for this new machine we built. I am reading that it is not a good card now however(someone correct me if I am wrong). *too late.
I have Ge4 Ti4400 in my other system and it does well I think.
Axoneo
If its the recent 5600Ultra, then its generally faster than the Ti4600. With DX8 games, its faster than the ATI9600. With DX9 games... er, embarrasing. (As much if not more to Nvidia themselves).

heheh... it really ruins the term "The way its meant to be played"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts