Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which is best option...

779 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zand 
#1 ·
something from Dell(or the like) or build your own?

I'm replacing the shot overpriced POS laptop with a desktop but after searching the web for several hours I'm still at square one on which way to go.

Dell offers some ok deals but I don't want to pay for things I don't need(ie; I already have a an OS) but in searching the components to build my own I find I can't even come close to touching Dells prices.
Ebay has some so-so deals until you look at the shipping costs.
Need some advice here......Is a Dell, emachine, etc worth shelling out the $ for? Are they decent pcs?
Anyone know a good cheap place to buy the components?

TIA, zand

#2 ·
Where are you? Easier to tell you where to buy stuff if we know where you are.

On the note of build or buy...build, always. Ends up cheaper, as you get a LOT more for your money...i.e..Dell and other name brands come with everything built in to the motherboard, which sounds fine, but if you are a gamer, the video is not usually good enough........

How much do you want to spend?

Scorp.

#3 ·
whether to build or buy pre-built depends on what you intend to use the computer for. if you only use it to surf the web, email, music and photos, then you'll be better of buying prebuilt. But if you intend to run (or would like the ability to run) CPU/video intensive applications like games or number crunching programs, you would be better off building your own.

so as Scorpion said, we need more info...
1. where you live (can you buy online, such as newegg)
2. what you will require the PC to be able to do
3. how much money you are willing to spend

#4 ·
I'm live right on the IN/KY border but would likely buy online since it's usually cheaper.
The new pc is for business so basically surfing, email, web design, etc. but no gaming.

As far as dough goes....cheap :D
I'm will to spend the dough to put together a decent pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.