Which is the best DVD burning software?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

picosa922

Hello all, I'm looking to burn some old dvd's into new blank dvd+r discs and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions about which is the best software for burning/ripping? It does not matter if I have to purchase it or get it free, however I do want something that's effective and that will not give me a lot of problems. A friend suggested DVDFAB. Any how drop me a line and please let me know. Thanks!

Nero is probably the most popular.
Deepburner and CDBurnerXP Pro are both quite good and are free.
I would stay clear of Roxio's products for the time being because the newer versions of their software is very bloated and makes your PC crawl.

Notice to Roxio stop making bloated software and get it to work as well as version 5 did!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Note that we don't offer advice on copying copy protected media like commercial DVD movies. Just thought I'd mention that before the thread morphs into forbidden ground. :)

Do you just want to copy the DVD from the old disc to the new one? Because the "best" really depends on what you want to do. As an example, if you want to just burn, then NERO is fine, but if want to do any sort of editing (adding transitions, as an example), I wouldn't recommend NERO even though you can do it with the later versions of that program. There are much better video editing programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts