1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which is the fastest version of Firefox?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by janlafata, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

Mar 29, 2005
    I am trying to fix up an old computer with dial-up and I loaded Firefox version, the latest version. It ran incredibly slow! But I've heard some earlier versions of Firefox were faster. Which one do you think it is. I've got 1.5 ready to go if I get the word.

By the way, when I say slow, I means in terms of surfing and loading pages etc. And do any of the earlier, hopefully faster versions accept all extensions?

I'm also thinking of trying out Avant Browser.
  2. Elvandil

Aug 1, 2003
    Firefox has some serious security issues. If possible, use IE7.

But the earlier versions of FF are faster--the efforts to plug the holes in security caused some major slowdowns. So, the faster, the earlier, the less secure. It's up to you.

Or try a more secure and still fast one like Opera, K-Meleon, or SeaMonkey.
  3. hewee

Oct 26, 2001
    I use Firefox 1.5 so don't know if it is faster or not.
    But if you installed Spybot - Search & Destroy and have the protection on in the Immunize for firefox then unprotect it on firefox because it really slows down page loads.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686493