1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which laptop to choose? Dell Inspiron Mini 12 suggestions.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pushkarS, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pushkarS

pushkarS Thread Starter

My father is looking to buy a new laptop. He wants something which is very light. He is currently looking at Dell Inspiron Mini 12.The only downside with this laptop is that it has only 1 GB RAM and it doesn't have any optical drive. What is your opinion about the Intel Atom Z530 processo provided in this laptop?

The laptop will be mainly used for viewing PPT presentations, some internet surfing, Word processing, etc.

Is the above laptop a good choice? What are the other options for him in the lightweight laptops range? His budget is around $650 (35000 INR).

Edit: Please mention the price of the laptop(s) you recommend.

2. Plantsman

Plantsman

Samsung NC10 (top rated)
    Advent 4211c

Neither have a CD drive but both are superb. You can always add a slimline external CD/DVD drive later powered by a USB port. If lightweight is paramount it's about the only way to go.

I personally have the Advent 4211c and it will do all you say including playing videos and DVD's with no problems. Both these Netbooks have the Intel Atom processor and both are highly recommended. They are not short on extras either, check them out via Google.

3. pushkarS

pushkarS Thread Starter

Can you mention their prices also?

Thanks

4. Plantsman

Plantsman

I'm in the UK so..
    Samsung NC 10 > £309 at Amazon
    Advent 4211c > 279.99 at PC World

The prices seemed to have gone up slightly. I think it's because of the demand. I got mine in January from a Curry's store for £274.

By the way the Dell looks overpriced to me for even though it has a 12 inch screen as opposed to 10 inch for these two.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/801000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice