1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which laptop to choose

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by batistamadeline, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batistamadeline

batistamadeline Thread Starter

Hello! So im studying mechatronics engineering and i use programs like solidworks, autocad, etc and also i do some programming.
    I read that i need a laptop with an i7 h or hq type and at least 8 gb of ram .
    As i was searching, i found these 3:

*Asus vivobook pro n580gd (1tb hhd, 17 8750h, 8 ram + 16gb optane, fhd, 5 lbs. US$999) (this laptop has some pretty bad reviews about the screen, the hard drive, the trackpad and the battery life)

*Dell g3 (i7 8750h, 1tb hdd+ 256 ssd, 16gb ram, 5.7lbs which makes it heavy for me. US$1129)(also has some bad reviews about screen).

*Lenovo ideapad 330 15-ich ( i7 8750h, 16gb ram, 4.8lbs, (another model has 8gb ram + 16 optane) , 128 ssd+1tb hhd (other model has 1tb hhd) (this one has bad reviews about quality of how it is built. also, it may be a little old, considering that i wanna make some changes to the laptop in the future. most models doenst have backlit keyboard and all the ports are on the left side)

One of the things that concern me is the weight, as i think 5.7 lbs is too heavy, but if it is the best out of this three i can try. Also, is there is one better than these and not so expensive (1200) I would love to check it out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice