1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which memory better , question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vaikepois, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

Ok since i bought 2 extra gb

I have

1x DIMM1: Kingston 9905230-002.B03LF (2 rank 6 bank)
    2x DIMM2: Kingston 1G-UDIMM (1 rank 8 bank)

But question is whats the difference.. i mean which better one?

And there shouldnt be problems with these ram on my pc right?

2. Bradthecru

Bradthecru

With a part number for the second module, you might get more information. The difference between the 2 ran 6 bank (I'm guessing this is actually 4 bank instead of 6) vs 1 rank 8 bank is how the components are made. If all speed specs were the same, and you were to benchmark these in the same system one at a time, they would perform basically the same.

To say one is better than the other would be more of an opinion, not fact.

Working together in your system really depends on your system. In some, they would work fine together, in others, they wouldn't.

3. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

yeah their stats same just ranks and banks different. so i was wondering just which memory is better xD

Cuz it feels as 2 ranks and 6 banks better as 2 cores and 6 threads xD

Well i make now sense.. but yeah if they same then its fine. And these 2 memory cards look so different but work on my pc. That long numbered one RAm is much bigger from size yet other one is twice smaller!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice