1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which modem/ router to buy for bridge mode ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SimDim, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimDim

SimDim Thread Starter

Advice please!
    I have a Linksys wrt1900ac (router only) and have been using my old Netgear dg384 in bridge mode successfully until yesterday when it lost power.
    The 2 options I was thinking about replacing the Netgear with are: Billion 7800nxl or Linksys X1000
    Will any basic modem/router do?
    Any suggestions? I only need it for bridge mode.....some other details: live in Australia, using ADSL2, national fibre optic access coming soon, looking for something cost friendly under $150,
    Any help appreciated

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you only expect to use the modem/router in bridge mode (acting as modem only) why not just get a modem instead of a modem/router? (I don't have any suggestions for either, as I only have experience with cable service.)

3. SimDim

SimDim Thread Starter

Hi Terry thanks for your prompt reply!
    I did think to buy a modem only but it seems all modems are integrated now, there doesn't seem to be any made in the last 1-2 years ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice