Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which Network should I use?

601 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Hello!!!
I need to create a network for an organization and am wondering which network topology and cables to use for it.
Could anyone help me figure it out?

Some info:
 Building one will be the main administrative building and will house about 120 users.
 Building two will be staff offices and some classroom space and will house about 160 users.
 Building three will house a small vending area, a student union/lounge, and 10 classrooms and 3 computer labs of 25 computers each.
 Each building also has 750 square feet (25’ x 30’) of “open use” area that can be used for meetings, studying, etc. and will need full speed Internet access.

 Distance from building 1 to building 2 is 300 meters.
 The distance between building 1 and building 3 is 90 meters.
 There is an existing Internet connection that is NOT hot in Building 1. This will need to be shared among users.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
An organization that large will already have people who know how to set up a RFP (request for proposal). This RFP will be put out there for contractors to see. If they are interested, they will come survey, and draw up plans and submit a proposal and bid for the job. It will then be up to you (your company) to pick which company you want to have do it. Be sure the RFP includes them training you how to maintain it.

#6 ·
Try a search for network design and architecture in your area. It sounds like you definitely need professional, experienced assistance.

#9 ·
Judging by this request (and other info that I can see), this seems to be more of a school work assignment…. Am I correct? Please be honest. If so then we can provide a direction and not the answers but if this is an assignment then really this should be disccused with your peers / teachers.

#10 ·
Yes, this is an assignment...and I need help. My peers and instructor don't have the desire to explain this to me. During my other unit I kept asking my instructor questions, but, it didn't go as planned. She/he got annoyed of me and told me to find the answers without bugging him/her 🙄 So I'm just asking for some basic information.
*I'm not specifying the gender purposely

I'm sorry if this hurt anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.