Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which of these laptops should I buy and are the prices reasonable?

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  wilson1973 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What do you wish to use the laptop for - general browsing, emails, document work and the occasional gaming OR are you looking mainly for a gaming laptop

#4 ·
I would suggest the HP-Pro. I am not quite sure about the second computer if it has a typo which says has 4 MB of memory which is extremely too low. Also has W10 Home. The first one has W10 Pro. Both have the same price. I would go for the first choice but the final decision is on you.

#12 ·
Ouch... refurb laptops in Amazon are really pricey...

I remembered the last time I bought an EliteBook 2570p (from a private refurbisher in eBay of course) and I ended up spending £110, comes with i5-3320M, a single 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, a fairly healthy battery (2-3 hours) and a 65W power brick... Then I spent even more than the cost of the lappy on the upgrades but that's not the main subject.

Anyway, Amazon's refurb laptops are just overpriced IMO. If you're a bit confident to further upgrade your lappy then look for private sellers in eBay instead, and even if it ends up DOA you can open a case, which eBay mostly side with the buyers as long as you have enough proof.

P.S. Just in case you don't know, 2570p is a generation later than 2560p in one of the links, so for only £110 it's a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.