1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which of these laptops should I buy and are the prices reasonable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilson1973, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilson1973

wilson1973 Thread Starter

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What do you wish to use the laptop for - general browsing, emails, document work and the occasional gaming OR are you looking mainly for a gaming laptop

3. wilson1973

Hi just general browsing and e mails,watching videos on youtube etc,now and again using ms word,not for gaming....thanks

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I would suggest the HP-Pro. I am not quite sure about the second computer if it has a typo which says has 4 MB of memory which is extremely too low. Also has W10 Home. The first one has W10 Pro. Both have the same price. I would go for the first choice but the final decision is on you.

5. wilson1973

Th
    Thanks,do you think the price seems fair,I'm on abudget and the guy has good feedback so thought I would give second hand a punt

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Since it is a refurbished and from ebay it is kind of hard to know if the computer is good or bad and it has no warranty for returns. Contact seller before buying.
    It is up to you to make a decision.

7. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  8. wilson1973

9. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  10. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  11. wilson1973

12. OverTallman

OverTallman

First Name:
    Jacky
    Ouch... refurb laptops in Amazon are really pricey...

I remembered the last time I bought an EliteBook 2570p (from a private refurbisher in eBay of course) and I ended up spending £110, comes with i5-3320M, a single 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, a fairly healthy battery (2-3 hours) and a 65W power brick... Then I spent even more than the cost of the lappy on the upgrades but that's not the main subject.

Anyway, Amazon's refurb laptops are just overpriced IMO. If you're a bit confident to further upgrade your lappy then look for private sellers in eBay instead, and even if it ends up DOA you can open a case, which eBay mostly side with the buyers as long as you have enough proof.

P.S. Just in case you don't know, 2570p is a generation later than 2560p in one of the links, so for only £110 it's a steal.

13. wilson1973

Thanks,I'm looking for a 15.6" screen though

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice