Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which Office to download!

941 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Techcrazy456 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I’m taking receipt of new (ish!) refurbished Lenovo Ideapad 3 tomorrow (Windows 10, core i5 10th gen 8GB. I want Office on it and understand that 365 is a subscription service, which I don’t think I need. So have decided on Office 2019 Pro but there seems to be great disparity between prices online - ranging from £15 to £30 from various sites including voucher sites and then £70/£80 and beyond.

What’s the difference?! Help! Thank you all😀👍🏼

#2 ·
If it's that low, then they are probably using a volume license where they shouldn't be using to sell. Office Home and Student 2019 is £120 and Home and Business is £250. Office Professional Plus 2019 is £420 so prices like that should raise red flags.

Unless you are going to use Publisher, Outlook, and Access on a daily basis, then Professional is not needed. No need to install more stuff that you are not going to use.

Subscription based model is good because you will get support from Microsoft (offline installs has 60 days if memory serves) and you will get the upgrades for free and can be installed on 5 machines you own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.