1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which P4 should I choose?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tuffsmile, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuffsmile

tuffsmile Thread Starter

My system consists of Asus P4P800SE
    Pentium4,2.4B
    Radeon9800Pro
    1.5Gb,pc2700 Kingston

Recently built system,running for a few months,no problems playing games,using system in a single application enviorment works fine.But when I edit music and also have applications running,my system starts to slowdown abit.I have been informed through this forum and others that a P4 with Hyper Threading would solve my issue.
    Now,I have just spent $$ on upgrading memory,and don't want to purchase pc3200 memory with DDR2 boards becoming mainstream soon.

So I have 2 questions:
    (1)Should I get a P4 3.06,533 bus,Hyper T or a 3.0c,800 bus,Hyper T.
    (2)Will the pc2700 memory be at all compatible with the 3.0c,allowing the cpu to run on 533 instead of 800

Maybe I know the answer already,but I want the experts advice ;)My mainboard supports Hyper T,800 bus,and pc3200 memory.TY

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice