1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which page better for search engine

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ashras99, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Please tell me which forwarding page is better for search engine...for ranking, listing.

1) A page which diverts to another page..without knowing the user. Means in fraction of seconds.

2) A page which shows if not redirected by user then click here or you will be redirected by 5 seconds

And still there are browsers or settings inside the browser which stops from forwarding.

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

This first will not be indexed as per your question, the second will but will not be indexed by keywords (will be if they type in your whole url in google search as an example)

3. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

So, what's the solution?

4. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Sequal, I'm sure that you know much more than I do, but even if you do a .htaccess or domain redirect, it still won't be indexed? I would think that a meta/JS redirect wouldn't work, but if you did something more server-side...

If I were you, I just wouldn't have it be indexed so that the new page is indexed, otherwise you'll run into the problem where the redirect page comes up as the top result. :)

5. Sequal7

Sequal7

Eirksrocks...yes the way your referring to will work. Htaccess redirects etc are considered serverside, the server manages them so the webbots crawl based upon the server settings. A web page redirect however will be crawled and indexed, thus if its a landing or index page, the crawl will be based upon it.
    If carefully created using key words and meta tags it will however also index the linked page, see a site I built for the Oak Bay fire department, they wanted a home page with a link to the main page, the home page and the main are indexed by google,

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice