1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which PC shall I buy for new business??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spencer88, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spencer88

spencer88 Thread Starter

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good desktop PC to buy for my new business. It will be used to store all of the invoices generated (Approx 10 per day) on SAGE. Also we will be using Adobe Photoshop to design artworks to appear in our magazines. Im assuming I need one with a good memory so it will hold a lot of information but as i know zero about computers I need some help!!! :)

I have had a look on Curry's website and have found the Acer Aspire x1301 for just under £400... Does anybody know if this will be suitable?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. spencer88

spencer88 Thread Starter

Yes... But there are 2 that to me look identical but vary in price???

4. Megabite

Megabite

The other one has a slightly better CPU and 1TB Hard drive.......

5. spencer88

spencer88 Thread Starter

Would you recommend the dearer one? Do you think it would be ok for business use?

6. Megabite

Megabite

Well I would think so...but I think you will need a stand alone Graphics card and you will need to add another Hard drive...for data backup.

7. spencer88

spencer88 Thread Starter

Oh dear... That has gone completely over my head..sorry! The Acer has some sort of back-up system included so that if the PC died you contact them to retrieve your data, is that what you mean by another hard drive? What is a stand alone graphics card and is there a system I can buy that features what you have mentioned to save me from getting further confused? :)

8. Megabite

Megabite

The Graphics card in that PC is integrated into the motherboard and usually OK ...but if your running programs like photo shop...it my not be good enough.......and getting another Hard drive...is the smartest way as you can backup your important data to the second Hard drive....just think if your main Hard drive just stops (and they do) and all your business files are gone and all your designs are gone.

Hard drives are not expensive ..but good graphic cards are

If your on a tight budget then your best bet would be to get a PC place to build one for you...just tell them what you need it for and they will give you a price.

9. spencer88

spencer88 Thread Starter

Do you mean an external hard drive that you regularly update? I have one of those on my home PC. So is there no ready to buy from a shop system that would suit my requirements? Ideally I need to go out today and buy one..

10. Megabite

Megabite

Then get the one you posted.....and I meant an internal Hard drive..........just keep in mind you may have to get a graphics card at some point

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice