1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which power cord should I use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by confused42, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. confused42

confused42 Thread Starter

hello,
    I just bought two desktops from two people on craigslist and managed to mix up the power cords. There is a custom built computer with an Ultra X3 850Watts Modular power supply and a dell studio xps 7100. There was also a 24 in samsung monitor that needs a power cord but only two cords so I guess one cord is missing. There's a 10A 125v cord and a 150v cord. We also have a 300v cord laying around. Does anyone know which goes to which or if they would work. I have been searching for ages and can't find anything please help! I was so excited to use it!

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

If you are talking about just the connection to the mains and not including any "brick" transformer, there is no difference as long as the plugs fit.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Power cords for desktop computers are pretty much interchangeable.

They may have different lengths and colors, but they pretty much have the same 3-slot/3-prong connectors.

Attached Files:

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

In any one country that is. The mains plug itself will be different in different countries.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Assuming you're in the USA any of those cords should work on any device.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice