1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which power supply needed for msi Z370

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crazysexybear, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crazysexybear

Crazysexybear Thread Starter

Hi
    Can someone tell me which power supply I need for the msi Z370. I dont know what voltage to take and I dont wanna destroy my mobo.
    Thx

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

The PSU is for your overall needs of all hardware. So we need to know what other hardware you're going to install on that mobo.

Generally speaking, a 500 - 650 watt PSU is sufficient and of a reputable maker.....like Seasonic, EVGA, Antec.

3. Crazysexybear

H
    hello again
    This is each component of the pc
    Mobo:msi Z370
    • CPU:Intel Core i5-8600k
    • COOLE:RCRYORIG H7 Cooler
    • GPU:EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1060 6GB
    • RAM:
      Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
    • SSDADATA SU800 256GB
    • HDDToshiba P300 1TB HDD

Thx
    P.s: sorry for all of the different text sizes

4. Crazysexybear

Also do you think I should change any components?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I would go with a 650W quality pw supply. Good ie brands I recommend; Corsair [AX, HX, or RM models ONLY] Seasonic, Antec [HCG models ONLY]

I have never used an ADATA ssd. For ssd, I use and recommend either samsung or intel.
    There are a LOT of msi boards based on the z370 chipset so you should post the exact board you intend on using.

FWIW [and this is just my opinion] I am NOT a fan of msi boards. IMO msi is a mid-level mfg; not up to the quality of a high end asus, asrock, or gigabyte board.
    If a nvme M.2 drive is within your budget, I would really, really go with one of those drives. The difference over a regular ssd is like night and day. My ryzen system loads windows in 5 seconds [after POST] programs load almost instantly, browser opens instantly, etc.
    NVME type drives are somewhat expensive compared to a standard ssd however [IMO] the performance is worth the cost.

6. Crazysexybear

Also do you think I should chan
    hello
    The board that i was gonna buy was this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075GSVHGP/ref=twister_B076671MC7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Could you give me your personal mobo and send me the amazon link if possible
    Thx
    Best regards
    -crazysexybear

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I also did a build for someone using this asrock board;
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Taichi/
    Both worked equally well however I like the onboard sound on the ROG board. You can set different sound settings for each program/game.
    The onboard sound on the asrock board is ok however the asus ROG is slightly better. If you are going to install a real sound card, then it really does not matter. If you are going to use the onboard sound, then it might make a difference to you.

9. Crazysexybear

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There are a LOT of choices however if you stick to high end asus, gigabyte or asrock boards, you will be fine.
    One other thing; ryzen does need careful tuning in the bios to achieve good performance. With an intel, you can just slap parts together and it works fine. Not so much with ryzen. You will probably need to set ram speed, timings and voltages manually in the bios. Not a big deal however you should be aware.

11. Crazysexybear

Thank you so much for helping me out :)

12. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Good catch. I hate that one uses Z370 and the other X370.

14. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Yes it's confusing enough already without that similarity.
    I also hate it when there's a laptop and a desktop with the same model number !

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Since the amd chipset was released first, you would think intel could come up with some other name for their chipset.....

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice