Which power supply?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wisedave

Hello to all!,

A number of months ago I moved from the US to the UK. My desktop has a US power supply installed, and I need to swap it for a UK power supply.

I had it built for me as a gaming computer about 4 years ago. Some of the specs I remember are:

3.0 Ghz Intel processor
2 Megs of RAM
250 GB HD

It also has 2 fans with lights and lights along the front of the case. Any ideas or recommendations for this one for a UK power supply?:confused: I don't game anymore, but I want to use it as a second computer in a business I am starting.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Dave

Hello dave, why do you have to replace your power supply? Is it broken? I think you don't need to replace your power supply just because your moving to the UK. Well if its broken, is your processor a dual-core, core2duo, quad core or just plain P4? I think that's 2 gigs of RAM. Try this website, http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp, you can calculate how many watts on a power supply you will need. Hope this helps...

wisedave

Hello,

What a tool I am! :eek::eek::confused:(n) 2 Megs of RAM? I can't even believe I said that. I have been having an issue with my ISP and must have been on auto pilot.

Anyways.......the plugs and power from the wall are different, so I do have to swap it out. When my wife moved to the US, we had to switch her's from a UK to US. I guess we tossed it.

Thanks for the link....I will check it out!

Cheers,

Dave

Get a UK AC lead with a UK plug on it - £2 or less
use the little recessed switch on the back of the PSU to change the input voltage from 110v to 230v - free

If that is your poblem then Jack Hackett is correct, buy an adaptor for your plug and just switch your voltage.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts