1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which Printer to Buy - Lexmark Z615 or X1150?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonasdatum, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonasdatum

jonasdatum Thread Starter

Hello.

I am trying to decide which printer to buy the Lexmark z615 or the X1150? They both have their ups and downs, but I just can't make up my mind. The X1150 is an all-in-one deal where as the z615 is an economical and functional printer. They both have USB connections, but I do want a new scanner. However I don't like the idea of having all my goodies in one bag. What if the scanner part of the X1150 brakes? Also the X1150 cost almost 200% more than the z615, but it does have about the same "running cost."

LOL, I know that 90% of the printers and scanners out there live a long time. Heck mine have out live three monitors, five mice, and 4 internal modems. I am so unable to decide. Objective reasoning would say get the separate unit, but practical reasoning would say get the separate one.

http://www.lexmark.com/

x1150*
    http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/product/home/38/0,6970,204816596_238081724_243418022_en_0_7,00.html

z615*
    http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/product/home/62/0,6970,204816596_238081727_243408062_en_0_1,00.html

Some help please. Thank you.

2. lehatche

lehatche

Hello, I will not attempt to suggest which of the two you are about to buy. But I have been evaluating printers for my own use. I looked at Cost to operate, features needed or wanted, brand and models review.I too like the idea of a scanner. and the all in one. Based on my investigation, I purchased a Cannon i450 photo printer. Do to low cost of operation, Cart. can be EASILY refilled! It was rated very highly on ZD net and PC world reviews! I then found a used scanner in yard sale (with all the needed programs and drivers, cables,power supply. I bought for $15.00. I was a Cannon also, pure accident I am sure. Good luck on your decision! Remember you have to live with what ever you buy for a long time!

3. n2gun

n2gun

I have the x1150 and really like it. It does a good job and prints very nice. If you want a real deal on it, go to the link below. It is $59 including shipping.

http://www.3btech.net/le11alprands.html

4. Flags

Flags

Jonas: Best Buy has a Lexmark X2250 printer scanner combo for $99.99, free shipping.
    And if you go with the z615, you can find flatbed scanners for less that $70.00

5. jonasdatum

Hello.

I have used www.pricegrabber.com and found X1150 @ www.legendmicro.com recertified for $29. Sounds good doesn't it? Although it is "recertified." That means that somebody had any or all of the following:

1) Just decided they didn't want it.
    2) Broke it and the manur. repaired it.
    3) Won't have all it's crap!
    4,5,etc...

Perhaps I should buy it from them. Pricegrabber.com and resellerrating.com. Crap! The signup for their online account creation doesn't work. Well there goes that idea.

6. jonasdatum

Hey I have a question. Now from what I've read and seen all modern printers have dual ink cartridges. Doesn't this model printer have 2-cartridge-slots?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Personally I dislike Lexmarks, and the expensive 1 black and 1 color cartridges aren't that great if you're into color printer.

I suggest taking a look at Epson. Depending on the Epson unit, it can use 4 seperate inks tanks that can be replaced as each individual color runs out, and generally the 4 tanks combined are cheaper then a pair of Lexmark cartridges. They're also quiter and look better.

8. jonasdatum

Hey people. I purchased the X1150. It has done a good job so far. Picked it up today, but ordered it about days ago @ www.computers4sure.com. It's a manufacture-refurb product so it holds the same warranty. The down side is I was a fool and paid $24 for a cable I could have gotten a little less than half the price online. Too bad, I was lead to believe that it would come with the printer. For price I paid on this cable it better last until I am good and dead!

On the plus side, I did get two cartridges. Wasn't expecting that from what description said. So economically it worked out. The copy function works great. I used draf-level print quality for the blk ink and it came out wonderful. Might just buy the refill kit!

As for the Epson printer, I've seen good deals, but didn't have the time to do that much homework on them in detail. Lol, I could always sell the one I have on Ebay right ; ) ?

I just hope I don’t run into any problems with it. Thanks guys. If you still have any suggestions please post them.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice