Solved Which printer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perihelio

Is there truly an all-in-one printer on the market that is stingy on toner? When I go into a store I see all the promo materials which claim high-yield on toner yet I've found this to be hype and BS.

I only need a basic A-I-O printer, no bells and whistles needed here since during the average week I may print 4-5 copies. My Epson WF-2650 is using up toner even though I have the thing set on "draft." I rarely make a color copy yet every time I power on my printer it uses color toner to prim the heads and now another color's out and the whole system will not allow me to print black.

I'd appreciate some ideas.

Thanks

perihelio

Of course. I was speaking generically I guess. Ink. In my original post change "toner" to consumables. I don't think I've made a color copy in a year yet all the ink cartridges get low mileage and drain to zero. My yellow is out now and this thing will be in our local landfall by next week. I'm looking for something that has a comparably low cost per page.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well I have the Epsom but mine is the SX218 and it is one of the most economical on ink I have had.
Far better in my opinion than my previous HP ones.

How often are you using the printer as seldom use is the worst, resulting in a larger quantity of ink being used when the printer is powered on after a period of inactivity.

Epsom say
It is recommended to print at least once a month, because the printer consumes a considerable amount of ink for periodic maintenance and print head cleaning when switched on after a long period of inactivity.
EDIT - notice now that you print approx. 4 to 5 a week
Sorry did not notice that at first

Last edited:
Quit turning the printer off; it's when you actually power it of and then back on again that it goes through the cycle that uses up ink. When it just goes to sleep, it shouldn't do that.

perihelio

Thanks for the replies. Interesting the thought of keeping the printer powered up 24/7. I assume electricity costs would be negligible; I wonder if that would shorten the life of the printer...

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I doubt it, I never generally switch my Epsom off
Did you see the link re printing in black, temporarily, whilst a colour is out

Modern printers go to sleep after x minutes and, in the sleep state use about half the electricity of a nightlight. Waking it up to print ought to avoid the power on priming sequence.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online