which processor and when?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paintedeyes

so i'm running a p4 3.02GHz right now single core only. i've had it for about a year and it's getting sluggish. now i was thinkin possibly going core 2 duo now but my friend said wait possibly 3-4 months for amd's new processor, is there any word of a new processor in the next few months that will equal or surpass intels core 2 duo? if not should i get core 2 duo now?

Triple6

Rob
To go to AMD you'd need to replace a large amount of the computer, even going to a Core 2 Duo may require you to replace the motherboard, processor, memory and possibly even the video card and power supply. How much were you thinking of spending?

Paintedeyes

well i'm rdy to replace the motheroard, my ram right now is DDR2 667 which i'm sure new amd and core 2 duo can take. my current ps is ocz gamer either 600 or 620 watt. i have a 7800gt also. so i think i'm set with that. meh idk about price, but i wanna leave room for futher upgrades in the future.

crjdriver

Some boards will work with your ram however most require ddr2 800 for the C2D.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online