which program?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crashdown

i was wondering if there was software that can do what im looking for
though it may be obvious - i dont know

At the moment im using many excel workbooks to hold lots of data
each book is identically set up
each book is for an instrument and holds the nessesaries for it in it
the front sheet of each summarises
another book pulls each summary to one
another book is used as INPUT - margins etc

the problem is for each job different combinations of instruments are needed so this template is copied to a named folder
randomly links follow or not. and to change a margin % on the input sheet i need to open each instrument book so the final summary updates. copying in this whole template is a massive use of memory

i know that i can set excel to update links automatically - though i dont know if each would still need to be opened

what i would like is some sort of program where this all works within it instead of across windows

i may not make sense and what im after may not exist

all constructive comments welcome

Many says ACCESS - is there any one with pointers for this - iv never used access before

This sounds to me like a candidate for MS Access. Some extremely good Access assistance can be found here, hope one of them jumps on this thread for you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts