Which PSU should I get?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Devastator

Hey,

I was wondering which PSU I should get for the following computer specs:

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Motherboard:
Intel D975XBX2

Graphics Card (PCI-Ex16):
HIS HD 2600XT 512MB IFAN 128BITS DDR III

Harddisk:
Maxtor 200GB 720

RAM:
DDR II (2x1) GB - 667

Drives:
1) DVD RW
2) CD RW

PCI:
1) PCI NIC
2) 56K Modem

Overclocking:
Stock CPU Speed: 2660
Stock Vcore: 1.25
OC CPU Speed: 4000
OC Vcore: 1.6
Estimated OC CPU Wattage: 160

CPU Utilization:
85% TDP

System Load:
90%

Capacitor Aging:
25%

I would really appreciate any help chosing which PSU to purchase. If there is any other information you need for this, let me know.

Thanks!

Devastator

ChRoNo16 said:
Look at either an OCZ or an Ultra
Cool, thanks, although, I don't know much about PSUs, and was trying to figure out how much watts I would need and which type.

You should be fine with a decent 500watt, although you can get a 600+ in case you decide to add a better video card, etc. in the future.

I wouldn't look at either brand suggested above because they are not original psu manufacturers and this is one place you need the best. 550-600 sounds right and buy one of these brands for safety sake...Antec, Thermaltake or Enermax.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online