Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which rams will work on my mobo. Hp compaq 6000 pro sff

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
I will attach pictures, kindly check and tell, is all this rams are same like timings etc. The samsung is currently running on my pc. My hp compact 6000pro small form factor .
Eyebrow Eyelash Font Black hair Electronic device
Font Material property Packaging and labeling Electric blue Magenta
Rectangle Ruler Measuring instrument Tints and shades Transparency

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC (support site)
According to its product specifications section, its motherboard has 4 DIMM slots and supports a maximum of 16 GB of DDR3-1333(PC3-10600) RAM.

You appear to have one 2 GB DDR3-1066(PC3-8500) module and two 2 GB DDR3-1333(PC3-10600) modules, and they all appear to be unbuffered, non-ECC modules.
All 3 of those modules should install and work okay in that computer, but they will all run at the speed of the slowest module - the DDR3-1066(PC3-8500).

If you currently have only 2 GB of RAM in that computer, increasing it to 6 GB should noticeably increase snappiness and performance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC (support site)
According to its product specifications section, its motherboard has 4 DIMM slots and supports a maximum of 16 GB of DDR3-1333(PC3-10600) RAM.

According to your 3 images, you have one 2 GB DDR3-1066(PC3-8500) module and two 2 GB DDR3-1333(PC3-10600) modules.
All 3 of those modules should install and work okay in that computer, but they will all run at the speed of the slowest module - the Samsung brand one.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Which isn't a problem as the chipset supports DDR3 1066MHz at max anyway.

#9 ·
The reason I'm asking these questions is because the original poster was running a non-genuine version of XP back in 2014 and it appears to me that this is likely the same machine so we'll need to verify if this installation is genuine before proceeding.

Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window (on the Start screen, type "Command" - a Command Prompt icon will appear, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator) then at the prompt, type the following (be sure to include the spaces):

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

After running the command, two files will appear on your desktop, report.txt and repfiles.cab. Please open the report.txt file in Notepad and copy and paste the contents here. The repfiles.cab is only a backup file and can be ignored for the time being.

#10 · (Edited)
@flavallee
Thanks for your reply.
One more thing, does ram slows down after over the usage of years, those rams are 6 to 7 years old and running, this guys also provide replacement warranty, so no issues.
I do not use desktop.all the time, my usage is only for next three months to run vm ware for running multiple os, to practice mcse server 2012.
Should i go for one new 4gb ram..or they are fine. I fear there may be lag or something...i do not spend much money for something which stay idle after 2,3months.. And does this processor is able to run vmware with 3 os inside simultaneously, 6gb would be enough.

#17 ·
You could put all three in your board and run Memtest 86 ,
Memtest 86 http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm
You have to extract it and burn it as an ISO "
Create a bootable CD-ROM, Also an option to run it as a bootable USB
Then run it overnight to check for errors. The Socket 775 boards like yours don't have to much problems with 2GB sticks of memory but the 4GB sticks are special and have to be guaranteed to work with your board.
Crucial has some compatible memory here : http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/6000-pro-small-form-factor

Reactions: legendaryman
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.