1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which remote support software to purchase for a 50+ user base

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mr Davo, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I am currently trying to decide on the best remote support software to purchase for a 50+ workstation business. I have experimented with Real VNC and TeamViewer, and whilst they are quite comparable I noticed that TeamViewer has a feature called "Seamless Windows" (if anybody knows anything about this feature can you please let me know).

I will be providing remote support to local users, and several interstate branches - therefore the software that I decide on must accommodate a wide diversity of geographical locations.

I was also looking at a product called GoverLAN, but it seems to me that GoverLAN only works on a single LAN and can't be used over a WAN in a similar way to both RealVNC & TeamViewer (if you have experience with GoverLAN to the contrary can you please let me know).

Any general advice on what the best remote support software is will be great (including personal usage experiences).

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. gEEkEE

gEEkEE

Well there are a ton of them that will work- it just depends on what you need. For commercial purposes the only good one that is free that may work for you is LogMeIn. Unfortunately the free version have lmits like no file transfer and a few more that make it almost impossible to work with. I used a combination of VNC and LogMeIn free until it became almost unbearable to get things done.

Now I use ScreenConnect. Its a web-based application that you host yourself. Will work inside a LAN and also outside. It works great and is significantly less expensive than something like Teamviewer or LogMeIn Rescue (trust me this is what I was going through with my old company and VNC and LogMeIn Free). I got 2 licenses for $300 each which really blows most others away- also has everything I need in terms of features. I think they have a free 30 day trial if I remember. You should just try that first and see if it does what you need it to. I hope I've provided some insight, cheers.

3. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hey mate,

Thanks for your replay.

I have decided on TightVNC, the setup process is comparable to RealVNC however the cost is unbeatable as it is completely FREE!!! (even for commercial use).

Kind Regards,

Davo

4. DSForman

DSForman

Full Disclosure... I work for Bomgar.

If you have 50+ users, your unique challenges likely require you to take an enterprise-centric evaluation. The requirements typically include:
    • Security - It's about much more than encryption. You have to have a solid architecture (there are many flaws with P2P), AD integration, granular access controls and tamper-proof auditing.
    • Integration - You gain tremendous efficiencies when your RS solution is integrated into your ticketing and system management solutions.
    • Consolidition - Most groups I meet have many tools for various situations. Your solution should satisfy all use cases. To and from Internal and External users? iOS, Android, Blackberry? Low-bandwidth connections?
    • Collaboration - Can your teams collectively swarm on a end-user problem to resolve it on the first call? Can you invite outside vendors into sessions securely?
    Bomgar has an enterprise-centric approach that was designed for these requirements. We will even let you evaluate the full solution in your environment, capturing FCR rates, cust sat surveys and agent surveys to help in your decision. You can learn more at www.bomgar.com. Please feel free to contact me.

Dave

5. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your time and insights. At this stage TightVNC suits our requirements.

Kind Regards,

Davo

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice