Which Router - VPN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chrisso

Hi All, Existing home setup = Gnd.Floor = From the wall phone cable line to the Archer 1600v router (from ISP provider TPG) then from this router a second telephone cable to the hands free phone unit. Then a CAT8 network cable from the router to the wall G.P.O (has a TP-Link Extension adapter c/w RJ45 cable socket) and a CAT8 cable to a computer. Ist.Floor = Wall G.P.O (has a TP-Link Extension adapter c/w RJ45 cable socket) and a CAT8 cable to a Archer AX11000 gaming router (no phone connections available) and connected to 2 computers. (wireless and network available). My ? is can I make the Archer AX11000 my master router for downstairs setup and would it run faster. I have researched and there cables RJ11/12 to RJ45 ends would they work for me?. Also TP Link recently has updated the Archer 1600v firmware and it has taken out the VPN setup a lot of users are very upset with this now they may have to pay a VPN provider. The Archer AX11000 has a VPN setup inside its firmware setup so that is another reason I would like to swap the routers around.

Note all network setup could have been wifi but thought cable would be a bit faster for now…not for the future though…5G/6G

Thanks All, Chris

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online