Which Ryzen 5 is better?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jasonjoseph480

Hey, so i am building a pc on a budget for school and mainly gaming. I have the option of getting either the Ryzen 5 3400 or the Ryzen 5 3600. I was thinking of getting the 3400 because its cheaper, but the 3600 has 2 more cores. Which should i get and what are the benefits/downfalls? PLEASE HELP LOL

The 3400 is a good entry-level product for a budget build and is capable of gaming at high graphics, however, the 3600 is faster and more powerful.

I've been using the Ryzen 5 3600 for 7 months now and I've had no issues, very satisfied with it :)

It really depends whether you can afford to spend a little bit more on it!

jasonjoseph480

The 3400 is a good entry-level product for a budget build and is capable of gaming at high graphics, however, the 3600 is faster and more powerful.

I've been using the Ryzen 5 3600 for 7 months now and I've had no issues, very satisfied with it :)

It really depends whether you can afford to spend a little bit more on it!
AWESOME, THANKS! I had already bought all the other parts and only need to get the cpu today, so your comment came in clutch lol. It turns out I DO have just enough cash to get the 3600, so i might be broke after but imma do it lol

AWESOME, THANKS! I had already bought all the other parts and only need to get the cpu today, so your comment came in clutch lol. It turns out I DO have just enough cash to get the 3600, so i might be broke after but imma do it lol
I'm glad to hear it, enjoy your awesome machine! :D

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
jasonjoseph480:

You didn't describe the motherboard you purchased.

Have you already confirmed the Ryzen processor you want to purchase is supported by that motherboard?

-------------------------------------------------

jasonjoseph480

jasonjoseph480:

You didn't describe the motherboard you purchased.

Have you already confirmed the Ryzen processor you want to purchase is supported by that motherboard?

yea i did lol, its a MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard.
The ram i have from my previous computer is DDR3 tho, im guessing i HAVE to get DDR4 for this motherboard instead correct?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That motherboard has 4 DIMM slots and supports up to 128 GB (32 GB x 4) of DDR4 RAM.
This is a good site to select which capacity and which speed DDR4 modules you want.
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/msi-(micro-star)/mpg-x570-gaming-plus

I'm not a system builder, so I'll leave you to the others here who are to answer any other questions.
Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Spoken like a true system builder. :)

That 16 GB(8 GB x 2) kit appears to be the best deal, cost-wise. (y)

jasonjoseph480

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online