1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which Ryzen should I use for console streaming to twitch?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coreytaylor881, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Coreytaylor881

Coreytaylor881 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. Im currently looking to build a new pc. What I’m looking to do with it is steam to twitch through my elgato hd60s cap card. My old pc had i5 quad core process with integrated graphics and couldn’t stream very high quality. I don’t intend on playing games on my pc. Just strictly stream from my Xbox. My question is which processor should I use? I’m leaning towards Ryzen as opposed to Intel. Should I use Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7? And also I have a GeForce GTX 1050 ti. If I put that in this new PC am I gaining anything from that? I’m had a “business class” pc so I don’t really know much about this stuff. Thanks in advanced!!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Most [however not all] ryzen processors do not have onchip video so you would need to install your video card.
    I do not stream anything however I can give you some insight into ryzen. I have two personal systems; an intel 7600k overclocked to 4.5gig and a ryzen 1700X overclocked to 3.9gig. Both work well and on a single core benchmark, the intel has a slight advantage [not surprising since it is clocked quite a bit higher] The difference comes on a multi core benchmark; the ryzen system blows the intel out of the water; doubling the cinebench cpu score. On realbench, the ryzen system outscores the intel by 35%

The only problem is that with an intel, you can just slap parts together and it works; not so much with ryzen. To achieve the level of performance indicated above, requires careful tuning in the bios. CPU multi, blck, ram speed, ram timings, and ram voltage must be set manually in the bios. In short if you are the type of guy who likes to work on things, go ryzen. If you just want to put parts together and have it work, go intel.

3. Coreytaylor881

Thank you that is very helpful! I’m a boat mechanic so I like working on things lol but idk if I have the patience to learn how to tinker with computers. And I’ve got the gigabyte GeForce 1050ti so basically I would have to get the right motherboard so I can plug it into it correct?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Any motherboard that supports ryzen processors and has a pci-e 16 slot should work. The 10xx cards need a uefi type bios and any board that supports ryzen will have a uefi bios.

Coreytaylor881 likes this.
  5. Coreytaylor881

Awesome. Thank you!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice