Which sata for SSD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ingeborgdot

I am getting ready to install my ssd on my new build. I will need to install it in the sata 6Gb/s but am wondering which ones people usually use. Do you use the on controlled by the Z68 or the Marvell chip? What is preferred? Thanks.

crjdriver

I would always choose an intel controller over marvell. Make sure the mode is set to ahci and you do the necessary tweaks for a ssd drive. If you do not want to do them manually, you can download any number of tweak utilities.

ingeborgdot

It is a brand new GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68. I think so:rolleyes:

Where can I find the tweaks to do to an SSD?

ingeborgdot

Windows 7 brand new install.
Noyb, the first one you have listed is for a reinstall it says.

crjdriver

Good win7 will align partitions correctly and make most of the changes during setup. Just run the tweak utility when you are finished with the install. Done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts