1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which should I use?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mom4711, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mom4711

mom4711 Thread Starter

I recently started using Nero Express. I am making backup copies of my music cd's. What extension do I need to use to make copies that will play in my computer, home stereo, car stereo, etc? The choices I am given are .aiff , .mp3 , .vqf , .wav , .wma Thanks for the help.

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello mom! :)

If you want a direct copy then When the main Express window opens, select Copy entire disc.

If you want to burn a varied selection of songs, just select Music > Audio CD.

If I am not mistaken, Audio CD files are read by Windows as .cda files but you should not have to indicate a file format if you select the audio choice.

3. mom4711

mom4711 Thread Starter

This is under the Properties for multiple selection and beside Output file format and it give you the options I mentioned in my first post.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Unless you have a newer CD player that supports MP3 or WMA playback you want to keep the CD's in their original format - this means you need to do a CD to CD copy also known as a clone. You seem to be looking in the wrong spot, you do not want to convert the audio CD at all justy copy it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice