1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which software program do i need? Please read..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by aimlesspee, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aimlesspee

aimlesspee Thread Starter

I'm an insurance broker out in CA.. one of the major issues i have with people that are doing my flyers/postcards/posters are that they never get the idea/image that i want..

What software do you recommend for designing this sort of things?

Someone recommended Illustrator but it's a 600 dollar thing..

Any other advice?

It has to be high quality

2. dannyn

dannyn

its a sad but true fact...
    illustrator is the way to go..
    but one thing about illustrator is it has some what of a learning curve..
    in the beginning you will likely not be happy with the results..
    but if you stick with it, you will be amazed at what the program can do.

3. aimlesspee

aimlesspee Thread Starter

Thank you..

Uni

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    I'm not experienced in this area but have you considered 'Inkscape' - this is an Open Source (free) product.
    This from their website:
    "Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
    Inkscape is an open source drawing tool that uses the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) scalable vector graphics format (SVG). Some supported SVG features include basic shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, and grouping. In addition, Inkscape supports Creative Commons' metadata, node-editing, layers, complex path operations, text-on-path, text-in-shape, and SVG XML editing. It also imports several formats like EPS, PostScript, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats."

Richard.

5. Hughv

Hughv

Inkscape works well, but it also has a steep learning curve.
    When I was selling insurance, I learned that I could make more money by doing what I did best and leaving this sort of thing to the experts.
    I'm sure my designer would be happy to work with you, or you should easily be able to find a local designer or student who could accomodate you better.

6. Plantsman

Plantsman

7. Soundy

Soundy

I used to use StarOffice's "StarDraw" component, which is similar in concept to MS Publisher, for designing posters and such. These days it's called OpenOffice, but the feature is still there. It's also open-source so it's free for non-commercial use. www.openoffice.org

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/695082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice