Which specs do I need for 5 CALs server?

Welstead

Hello everyone,

I have a small accounting firm and I want to build a server to connect 5 PCs on it and run 2 accounting programs with latest office version, question is, which processor do I choose for best performance in my case and how much RAM?

And do I go with xeon or AMD?

Note: Server OS will be windows server 2022 standard edition

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Does your accounting packages have components that need to run on the server? (like a central database?) What are their names?

Welstead

Does your accounting packages have components that need to run on the server? (like a central database?) What are their names?
Thanks for responding, yes, it supposed to be a terminal server, all accounting database will be running on the server and connected to 5 PCs, the programs are "Agenda" and "Dativ" used mostly in German, current database size is nearly 300gb

Last edited:

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Contact the manufacturer of the software packages and ask them what their minimum hardware recommendations are. I tried to look up the software you've mentioned. Couldn't find anything concrete on "Agenda". I think you meant "Datev" instead of "Dativ". Couldn't get much of anything with Datev as the websites for the countries they provide software is in the country's native language. So I couldn't make anything out of the German website in terms of hardware requirements.

Only the manufacturer of the software can provide the proper guidance. None of us can and any advice is just blind guessing. Some software is multi threaded optimized and therefore will want to have a processor with multiple cores. Some software is not multi threaded optimized and will benefit from a processor with higher clock speeds. These are just a couple of examples of things we won't know and are important in hardware selection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online