1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which SSD is better?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ico, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ico

ico Thread Starter

I'm looking at these two SSDs from OCZ.

One is Vertex 3 Max IOPS,

and the other is Vertex 4

I'm wondering why they have a similar price, well with the rebates and discounts.

I mean, the Vertex 4 is newer, larger capacity (256GB), and seems to be faster.

Should I get the Vertex 4 or would you recommend a different brand/model (assuming that the price is not too far off).
    I would use the SSD for Windows 7 Home Premium and other software like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.
    Data, etc, would be on a regular hard drive.

One more question.
    If I want to switch my current SSD (120GB) with a larger capacity SSD (256GB), can I copy the content of the older one to the new one with EaseUS Disk Copy? Would it be alright that the destination drive is not the same capacity but actually larger?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062083