1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which systems best for laptop world travel ..and internet?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mercurienzxzxz, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mercurienzxzxz

mercurienzxzxz Thread Starter

GREETINGS.
    Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to go about setting up a laptop for use on world travel??
    Im off filming this summer,and want to take a laptop. which company sky? aol? microsoft? im with aol now!
    so do i need a mobile phone? i dont have one at present! Are there any built in router systems in laptop world? i dont know which way to turn...help!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you could make sure it has wireless and then use available wireless hotspots - some are free - also set your email up to have access via the web - then it does not matter where you are, the ISP or what machine you are on.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The most important thing you'll need is a good set of power adapters for the different countries you'll be visiting.

4. mercurienzxzxz

mercurienzxzxz Thread Starter

im taking a laptop on the canals in europe what do i need if i dont have a mobile phone? is it just a router? and what server would you reccommend?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You need an internet connection. A router won't do anything for you. I'm not familiar with the canals of Europe, so I can't name a specific internet service provider for the area.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!