1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which tft monitor should i get?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Likeatalltree, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

I'm not good at choosing monitors so could anyone recommend a good tft lcd monitor under $200. I will be playing mostly games on it. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

You'll find most hardcore gamers will tell you to stay away from LCD monitors. Until recently I would have been among them but I broke down and bought a Dell 1704fpt (the deal price was to good to pass up) and I have been very happy with its handling of games like F.E.A.R., Oblivion and at present Titan Quest. My only regret is I should have gone 19" instead of 17" (I only had room for a 17" CRT and couldn't get my head around just how much less space a LCD took up).
    If you take the time to search the forums here you will find a number of the more knowledgeable members recommending the Hanns 19" LCD I've never seen one of these myself but have learned to trust the opinions of those mentioning them so if I were in the market for a new monitor it would definitely be one I'd consider.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice