1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which video card is better? GeForce4 MX4000 128MB AGP or ATI RADEON 9200SE 8X AGP 128

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamajessie, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamajessie

jamajessie Thread Starter

which video card is better? GeForce4 MX4000 128MB AGP or ATI RADEON 9200SE 8X AGP 128MB

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I'd say they are on approximately equal footing.. If I had to make this choice I'd probably go with the nvidia card due to the better driver support..
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html
    Do you have a choice of a better card?

Correction, the nvidia card is the better of the two.. My first comparison was figured on the 9200, the 9200se has only half the memory bandwidth of the 9200.

3. winbob

winbob

Just as an unsolicited comment, I would spend a few bucks more and buy a card without a specification of either MX or SE in the name. Video is one of the places not to skimp.

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I agree with winbob. I would put out a few more bucks because if you are buying the card to game with neither one isn't going to make you happy.

5. southernlady

southernlady

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/286491