1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

which video converter

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by petersago, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

hi all
    Hope you can help me here.
    I currently have real player installed at the moment and all is well. I cannot download films from realplayer to memory stick and play them on the surround sound mechanism as its in flv format and the surround system does not recognise it. There it a youtube converter where you download the url onto the converter. Is there o converter like this but downloads them in a different format so i can copy them to a memory stick and can play in my system. All i seem to get is a converter that takes over your laptop in the way of searching the internet so i need something like the youtube converter only for film into a different format

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

There are a lot of video converters that can handle and convert the .flv format.

Format Factory is good and free.

3. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

thx for quick reply on your part phantom, thing that i found annoying is that i have downloaded some converters already and found that they take up to 3 hours to convert the video file and it is even not on the net any more but is already in the realplayer library but downloaded at flv so i can watch it on the laptop but not from the stick.if you know what i mean. I was and still am looking for a converter that does all the converting quickly and not 3 hours either

4. Phantom010

Well, I've never seen a conversion taking that long, with any converter I've tried.

5. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

doing it now and it has taken 2 hours so far and it is still not finished

6. Phantom010

Something is definitely wrong.

7. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

the converter is called ANY VIDEO CONVERTER.It's doing what it's supposed to be doing, just taking so long. Think the trouble might be that i am taking the video's from the library of real player in stead of the actual computer. Maybe if i copy them to the stick and convert them from there. Let you know

8. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Conversion speed is basically a by product of cpu speed. The faster the cpu, the less time conversion will take. With that said, the input file specs and output file specs can also affect conversion time (ie: changing the quality).

9. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40

Hello
    I suggest you use this video converter,as i'm using it for a while and it surpass easily even the paid ones in speed and features.
    http://www.videotovideo.org/

10. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Another good one is prism video converter by nch software. when you install it go to the add/remove and change it to the free version. it works just as well free with no limits that ive ever seen.im very hesitant about recommending format factory because it left video codecs in my windows movie maker that i couldnt get rid of even after the program was completely uninstalled and removed from the computer.luckily my system restore did the trick and its gone for good.

11. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

flv does not work in the tv or the surround sound dvd so i have to convert it but thx to every one that gave me suggestions

12. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40

Your link point out to a cracked version of [name deleted by mod],a shareware software.Not nice what you are doing.There are plenty of free choices out there.

[Note from mod: quote was from a spammer, and his account and post are now gone.]

13. Risam

Risam

Hey petersago, i use divx converter and it converts a lot of different formats, the thing you want to look for in a converter is the audio converter as this will have a lot to do with your problem as well, just make sure that it will convert to the audio and video that is compatible with your player

14. petersago

petersago Thread Starter

thx for your reply rissam but what is the address of the converter that you use

15. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice