1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which wireless router should I buy?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ikonen, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikonen

Ikonen Thread Starter

Hello everyone! I have just moved into a new house. We bought a new computer and now I would like to get a wireless internet router. Our old apartment just had a communal wifi, so I have never bought a wireless router and I don't know much about them.

I found this intriguing review guide of wireless routers, but I don't yet know which will be best for me and my family. I am currently looking at the Apple AirPort Extreme and the Linksys EA4500. As my kids get older, they will start using the internet . . . . The reviewer at that site noted the utility of the Linksys device's parental controls for each device. I like the sound of that! I know that Apple also has parental controls. Does anyone know how they compare?

And of course, I need the thing to be speedy! We have access to fast internet at this house, and I want to make sure the router uses it effectively. How do these two routers compare in that respect?

Finally, I would like it to be fairly easy to set up. I am a pretty busy person, so I hope to be able to do it one day before work so my wife doesn't have to worry about it.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Edit: Or, am I ignoring a better option altogether?

2. naskdn

naskdn

try the asus rt-ac66u. It supports the new AC wireless thats faster than wireless N

3. naskdn

naskdn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice