1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which would you get ??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by snooker, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snooker

snooker Thread Starter

Hi ... I am searching for a Router , So my options are US Robotics , D link or linksys ... Which of these would you get ... Its going to be the wireless 802.11g type

2. plucnik

plucnik

I've had hands on with the Linksys wireless 802.11g and it seems reliable and easy to set up (comes with firewall, NAT, 64 and 128 bit encryption, DHCP etc.). It's also a Cisco subsidiary. I've used DLink products but not their wireless stuff. They seem to make a good lower end product. I didn't know that US Robotics / 3Com was in the wireless biz but I suspect that their stuff would be a bit more higher end.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd look for one with WPA encryption, since that's the new standard. I know that the D-Link 802.11g routers support WPA, and I'm sure many other brands do too.

4. snooker

snooker Thread Starter

Hi ... Thanks for posting your thoughts ... I end up get the US Robotics wireless turbo access point & router for $110 canadian which has 60 dollars rebate ... So all in all this would make a pretty good deal ...Oh yes this does support WPA , WEP , TKIP and VPN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice